The mission of Communities In Schools of Northern Virginia (CISofNOVA) is to champion the connection of needed community resources with schools in Northern Virginia to help young people successfully learn, stay in school and prepare for life.
By bringing caring adults into schools to address children’s unmet needs, CISofNOVA provides the link between educators and the community. The result: teachers are free to teach, and students – many in jeopardy of dropping out – have the opportunity to focus on learning.
We identify and mobilize community resources to deliver “Five Basics”:
- A one-on-one relationship with a caring adult
- A safe place to learn and grow
- A healthy start and a healthy future
- A marketable skill to use upon graduation
- A chance to give back to peers and community